1949 Land Rover Series One 80 Registration no. BEE 913 Chassis no. 06104822 Engine no. 06104002
Built on the 28th November 1949, this very early Land Rover was despatched from the Rover factory to main dealers D H & A H Bloomer of Grimsby and then on to Lincolnshire Motors of Caistor for sale. On the 6th December, having paid £545 15s, local farmer J M Robinson of Limber took possession. It remained in his ownership for over 10 years and then changed hands a few times during the 1960s and 70s, finding its way down the east coast and ending up in the care of an enthusiast in Cambridge by the early 1980s. Discovered to be a little tired, but in very original order, the vehicle was sympathetically restored. Once carefully refurbished, the Land Rover saw brief fame in a brochure for the aluminium firm, Alcan and shortly afterwards found a new home in the hands of a smallholder in Cambridge, where it remained barn-stored for nearly 25 years. Lightly re-commissioned for the 60th anniversary celebrations, this wonderfully patinated example retains all of its original running gear, engine, gearbox, body panels and instruments, many parts of which are November 1949-dated, even the glass and all five road wheels! Two concessions have been made for regular use: specially commissioned leather seats to the original pattern and a Fairey overdrive. Kept in a heated garage but used daily in the current ownership, BEE 913 is accompanied by a large history file. This includes the Swansea V5C, Heritage Certificate, original logbook, a large quantity of invoices, original Owners Manual, correspondence with the original owners family, and a copy of a recent two-page feature in Land Rover Owner International magazine. Many of the original tools are still with the vehicle, which also comes with a full compliment of correct weather gear including full hood and side screens. The vehicle is MoT tested until 27th July 2010 and taxed (Historic) to July 2010.