1978 Aston Martin V8 Saloon Registration no. VMP 266S Chassis no. V8/11799/RCAS Engine no. V/540/1799/S
The acquisition of Aston Martin by Company Developments in 1972 brought with it a change of name for the V8-engined cars. Out went the preceding DBS V8 and in came the AM V8. The new, second series V8 was readily distinguishable by its restyled front which now featured two instead of four headlamps and recalled the looks of the earlier David Brown era DB six-cylinder cars. Alloy wheels rather than wires were now standard fit as were electronic ignition and air conditioning. Notification from by the then new owners Aston Martin Lagonda Limited with this V8s paperwork confirms that the right-hand drive Mk3 2+2 fixed head auto with 5340cc 4-cam 345bhp engine was supplied new to an AML Distributor on the 9th of June 1978 at a Purchase Tax inclusive cost of £15,929.48p. There are also copies of various refurbishment and servicing bills from marque specialists Ricki Cann, DJR and HWM, among them a receipt detailing extensive body and chassis refurbishment with repainting in June 1986, an August 1996 quotation from Aston Martin Tickford for a beige leather re-trim, and receipts for a glass-out repaint in maroon carried out in October 1996 and chassis and outrigger work undertaken in January 1998. A stainless steel exhaust has been fitted. The vendor advises us that this capacious Grand Tourer for four with 145mph plus capability will have been successfully MOT tested by sale day and therefore a new certificate should be among many others from previous years in the documents file which includes a factory instruction book for the V8.