Successor to the well-liked 1602/2002 range, the 3-Series debuted in 1975 and would go on to be an even better seller for the Munich firm than its predecessor. Built initially in two-door form only, the newcomer made use of BMWs existing overhead-camshaft engines, the latter ranging in size from a 1.6-litre four to a 2.3-litre six. The 3-Series was facelifted for 1983 and given improved rear suspension. Four-door versions arrived at the same time and then a few years later the top-of-the-range 2.3-litre six was replaced by a similar but more powerful 2.5. Production of this MkII 3-Series ceased in 1991, by which time more than one million had been sold. Finished in white with grey/blue cloth interior, this automatic-transmission example was purchased in 2002, since when it has been in daily use, and is fitted with an LPG conversion. The car has been serviced by Isle of Wight BMW main agents Snows and more recently by Autocure, and comes with a good history file of invoices and MoTs dating back to 1997. Offered with recently expired MoT (4th April 2009) and Swansea V5 registration document, D30 YDL started on the button and drove well when recently inspected. No reserve.