ANGELO, VALENTI. 1897-1982.
Large group of material comprising:
1. Group of approximately 23 original drawings by Angelo, mostly signed, each on 5 x 7 inch board, each with color separation transparencies, for: Hawthorne, Nathaniel. The House of Seven Gables New York: Limited Editions Club, 1935, generally very good.
2. Group of 27 original gouache illustrations, each approximately 3 1/2 x 5 inches, on paper mounted to board, matted, each signed by Angelo below the image, Angelo's stamp on matte verso, for: Hawthorne, Nathaniel. Twice-Told Tales. New York: Limited Editions Club, 1966, generally very good.
3. Group of 5 original gouache illustrations, each approximately 8 3/4 x 5 1/2 inches, signed and titled, "King John" below image in pencil, each matted, toned, tape stain to some margins. These large format illustrations are different from those that he did for the 1940 Limited Editions Club publication of the aforementioned work.
4. Group of 8 lithographic illustrations, 5 3/4 x 4 1/2 to 3 x 3 inches, each signed in the lower margin, sealed in matte, for Angelo's novel Paradise Valley New York: Viking Press, 1940, excellent condition.
5. Original gouache and gilt illustration with printed border, approximately 5 x 3 inches, signed and identified in the lower margin, matted and framed, being a trial page for unpublished edition of The Rubaiyat intended for the Grabhorn Press in 1930, toned.
6. Group of 7 volumes illustrated by Valenti Angelo.
An interesting and extensive group of material by the Italian-American artist and printer.