An Ottoman metal-thread embroidered silk Panel made for the Tomb of the Prophet (Hujrat Al-Qabr Al-Nabawi Al-Sharif) in Medina
Period of Abdul Hamid II (AH 1293-1327/ AD 1876-1909)
silver and gilt thread embroidered and silk applique panels filled with thuluth inscriptions on a black silk ground, the upper field with two pale green roundels filled, below a yellow cartouche with inscription and a further pale green medallion below, the lower section with a quilted vase with red cartouches enclosing a tughra and monogram to the right side and a yellow rectangular panel above, the ground filled with floral swags and sprays, all within a pale green border, backed
279 x 155 cm.
Islamic and Oriental Art
Islamic and Indian Art
Auction terms and conditions