1. TAFT, WILLIAM HOWARD. Typed Letter Signed (Wm H. Taft), 1 p, 4to, Washington, DC, February 20, 1925, to Oliver Barrett, thanking him for sending a copy of his book, Lincolns Last Speech in Springfield
. (Chicago: 1924), on Supreme Court letterhead, light creasing and toning, tipped at left margin to mount. Together with copy of the book inscribed by Barrett.
2. [ADAMS, JOHN.] Fair Copy of ALS, 2 pp, 4to, Quincy, June 22, 1819, to Thomas Jefferson, regarding the Mecklenburg Declaration of Independence, leaves toned and soiled, tipped at hinge to larger mount. Together with an 1817 ALS of Adams great-grandson, John Q. Adams.
3. [PIERCE, FRANKLIN.] Vindication of the Military Character and Services of General Franklin Pierce by his Companions in Arms in Mexico
. [Washington?; 1852.] 16 pp. 8vo. Covers detached, leaves toned and thumbed. A spirited defense of Pierce against Whig accusations of his cowardice during the Mexican-American War.
4. CLEVELAND, GROVER. Signature (Grover Cleveland), 1p, 7 by 5¾ inches, n.p., December 3, 1887, leaf also signed by Frances F. Cleveland, minor toning and thumbing to margins.
5. BUCHANAN, JAMES. Cut Signature (James Buchanan), 1¼ by 3¾ inches, n.p., March 27, 1845, tipped at all edges to larger mount.
Books, Maps and Manuscripts
Auction terms and conditions