Built at Poissy from 1903, Grégoire cars quickly established a deserved reputation for speed and reliability, taking part in events such as the Circuit des Ardennes, the Tour de France and the Coupe des Voiturettes. The companys ambitious debut range, introduced for 1904, consisted of single-, twin- and four-cylinder models of 8, 12 and 20CV respectively. Arguably the best known Grégoire of all - the 1,106cc 8CV twin - appeared within a couple of years to be followed by a four-cylinder 10CV version in 1908. Both of these L-head sidevalve engines used an 80mm bore, which was combined with a lengthy 160mm stroke to create the sporting 16/24, developed from a racing voiturette. Obtained by its late owner circa June 1972, this 8CV Grégoire is fitted with right-hand drive, four-passenger, swing-seat tonneau coachwork. A reassuringly conventional car, its water-cooled, vertical, twin-cylinder engine is mounted in a steel channel frame of 4 2 track/8 6 wheelbase and is connected to the bevel-drive rear axle via a separate, three-speed, sliding-pinion gearbox and open prop shaft. Fuel is delivered to the engine via a Longuemare carburettor and the sparks provided by trembler coil and HT magneto. The accompanying Veteran Car Club Dating Application Form (signed by the late applicant but not on behalf of the Club) records that the car was previously owned by one J Pichon, of Hôtel du Cheval, Cleres, France and was incomplete and a non-runner when acquired. The complete running chassis is stated to be all original, while the coachwork, running boards, mudguards, bonnet lid and windscreen are described as manufactured to original design. All restoration work was carried out by the late owner, with the exception of the coachwork and upholstery. Fittings of note include acetylene headlights, paraffin side/rear lights, bulb horn, Stepney Wheel spare and wicker umbrella holder. Never registered for road use in the UK, the Grégoire was always trailered to gatherings including local steam fairs, car shows and charity events, attending its last in the early 1990s. We are advised that it never ran on any of these occasions, and thus will almost certainly require re-commissioning before use. Handsomely finished in Brunswick Green with Burgundy upholstery and yellow artillery wheels, this car represents an opportunity to acquire a charming Edwardian from one of the most respected makes of its day. Six files, mainly containing photographs and research information on Grégoire and other makes, are included in the sale.