1956 Scott 596cc Flying Squirrel
Registration no. LPG 674
Scotts acquisition by Aerco Jig & Tool Company in 1950 brought with it a number of long-awaited improvements, including a new duplex frame with rear suspension and improved brakes, though customers had to wait until 1956 to buy one of the new Birmingham Scotts. Although (reputedly) first registered in 1956, this Scotts traditional sharp-edged fuel tank identifies it as one of the old-style models, presumably assembled during the transitional period between the Shipley factorys closure and commencement of production in Birmingham. The vendor advises us that he and his father bought the machine over 20 years ago in the West Country. It is reported as in working order, but has not been started in three-or-so years and thus will require re-commissioning. The registration documents have been lost; however, the machine does possess an expired MoT recording the registration mark LPG 674.
- This machine is taxed and MoT'd.