1954 BMW 247cc R25
Registration no. 540 AMK
Frame no. 287615
Engine no. 287615
BMWs first new post-war model, the 250cc R24, arrived in 1948 looking pretty much like the pre-war R23 but producing an additional 2bhp. In mid-1950 the R24 was superseded by the R25, which featured plunger rear suspension but was otherwise very similar. An improved R25/2 version was introduced during 1951 incorporating a stronger crankshaft and minor revisions to the front mudguard stays and seat springing, and was followed by the re-styled R25/3 in 1953. This example has been in the current ownership for some considerable time and was completely dismantled many years ago; the crankshaft, con-rod and piston being among parts known to be missing. Offered for spares, the machine is sold strictly as viewed and comes with Swansea V5.
- This Lot consists of a frame, forks, two wheels with spindles, rear suspension with drive shaft, gearbox, engine castings, fuel tank, centre stand, mudguards, headlamp shell and speedometer head.
It should be noted that the registration mark EBH 490B, although illustrated, does NOT relate to this machine.