The following Lot is sold for the benefit of the Daisy Chain charity
1934 BSA 10hp Saloon
Registration no. AFJ 154
Chassis no. D1843
Engine no. T1891
In the mid-1930s, alongside the three- and four-wheeled, front-drive light cars for which it is best remembered as a motor manufacturer, BSA offered a conventional 10hp car of front engine/rear drive configuration built by its subsidiary, Daimler. Powered initially by an 1,185cc sidevalve four, the 10hp BSA was available in a wide variety of body styles, some of them coach built. The model lasted in production until 1936 and in its final year came with a 1.4-litre engine.
This Lot is sold for the benefit of Daisy Chain, a Registered Charity based in Norton, Stockton-on-Tees, that offers much needed short-term residential care and support for children with autism, and their families. An example of the Daimler-built 10hp BSA, the car was purchased from its original owner in 1978 and fully restored. Since completion it has been owned and used in the North East of England, serving as a wedding car until recently. Finished in blue/black with original blue leather interior, the car has Daimlers characteristic fluid flywheel and four-speed pre-selector transmission, while other noteworthy features include rear luggage grid, opening windscreen and semaphore trafficators. The vehicle is offered with expired MoT and Swansea V5 registration document.
Auction terms and conditions