A panel of Kutahya pottery Tiles Turkey, circa 1750 AD
Identical tiles flank the Mihrab and areabove the wall outside of the Mosque of Misar Bey at Kutahya. They date from the restoration of the mosque by the governor Yahn Pasha in AH 1164/ AD 1750-1 (John Carswell and C.J.F. Dowsett, Kutahya Tiles and Pottery from the Armenian Cathedral of St. James, Jerusalem, II, pl. 6d and p. 75). Similar tiles are also used in the Armenian Patriarchate of St. James, Jerusalem (Carswell, op cit, pl. 12 and p. 50, type 35a).